Senin, 31 Desember 2007

Pete Wentz?s Year-End Retrospect



Monday, December 31, 2007

PETE WENTZ'S YEAR-END RETROSPECT



As New Year's Eve is now upon us, many celebrities are traveling to be with friends and loved ones to ring in 2008. Pete Wentz was spotted with Ashlee Simpson at the Miami International Airport yesterday, looking relaxed and excited to move into the new year.

And why not? The Fall Out Boy bassist/lyricist tells press that 2007 was an amazing year for him, both personally and professionally.

Wentz said, "On a personal level, this year I've allowed myself to find happiness. In some bizarre way, I've always felt guilty about being happy before. But now, to me, it's a big deal, and I'm letting myself be OK with being happy--happy in an honest, genuine way, not a medicated way, which is good."

The 28-year-old musician also looked back on his philanthropic efforts of the year with fondness. "On a grander level than me, I guess my biggest achievement this year was going to Uganda and seeing the plight of people in a vastly different place than my own, getting a different perspective."

Perhaps 2008 will be the year of Pete's big screen success. "I don't want to be 'the dude in the band' forever. I'm thinking of maybe doing dark, small roles in independent movies. I'm not thinking of getting a million dollars a picture on a big budget movie, just low-key things just for myself. I've never really had a chance to play a character outside myself or the heartthrob guy. I probably have a desire to be someone besides who I am, kind of. We'll see how that goes, but don't expect me to be trying to get an Oscar."

Celebrity Gossip

Enjoy the pictures of Ashlee and Pete at Miami Airport (December 30).

 
eXTReMe Tracker