Kamis, 13 Desember 2007

Golden Globe nods inspire giddy reaction (AP)

Reactions from some of the Golden Globe Award nominees Thursday:

___

"I was making waffles for my kids, then my phone rang and my publicist called saying I was nominated. And I noticed this strange smell, and the waffles were burning, and the smoke alarm went off." -- Mary-Louise Parker, nominated for best actress in a television series, comedy or musical for "Weeds."

___

"I was sitting in my living room actually nursing a hangover when my agent sent a text saying congratulations." -- Keira Knightley on how she learned she was nominated for best actress for "Atonement."

___

"I'm going to work at 8 a.m. with Mr. Clint Eastwood and Angelina Jolie, so maybe Angelina and I will have a holler and a hoot together." -- Amy Ryan, nominated for supporting actress for "Gone Baby Gone." She is now working on Eastwood's "The Changeling." Jolie was nominated in the dramatic actress category for "A Mighty Heart."

___

"I'm on a plane to L.A., so I'll be celebrating with my fellow passengers." -- Jason Reitman, director of "Juno," nominated for best picture, comedy or musical.

___

"A few years ago, my dad passed away, and I share this nomination with him." -- Jeremy Piven, nominated for best supporting actor in a TV series, miniseries or motion picture for "Entourage."

___

"We're all jumping around at the moment. It's just fantastic. I'm working today, so I don't know whether I'll be able to celebrate, but we'll probably have a nice dinner when we get home from work." -- Saoirse Ronan, 13-year-old best supporting-actress nominee for "Atonement."

___

"I was screaming and crying. I actually threw a table. I was freaking out." -- Nikki Blonsky, best-actress nominee for "Hairspray."

___

"To be the little engine that could, it's sort of nice. It's more than sort of nice. It's very gratifying." -- Julie Taymor, director of "Across the Universe," nominated for best picture, comedy or musical.

___

"My least favorite part is trying to figure out what to wear. Everything else is pretty much wonderful." -- Glenn Close, nominated for best actress for her TV series "Damages."

 
eXTReMe Tracker