Jumat, 28 Desember 2007

Quotes from the year in entertainment (AP)

From Lindsay Lohan to Kanye West, quotes from the year in entertainment:

___

"She has brought a new vitality to this show and the ratings prove it." -- Barbara Walters, on Rosie O'Donnell, her new co-host on "The View."

"He wounded millions of women by saying that I was fat, you know?" -- Rosie O'Donnell, on her war of words with Donald Trump.

"I felt very remorseful for having thrown the phone at someone that didn't deserve it. I have a deep sense of shame for the things I've done." -- Naomi Campbell.

"With the support of my family and friends, I have begun counseling. I regard this as a necessary step toward understanding why I did what I did and making sure it never happens again." -- Isaiah Washington, on undergoing treatment for his use of an anti-gay slur against a "Grey's Anatomy" castmate.

"I'm ready to make nice!" -- Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks, accepting the Grammy for album of the year for "Taking the Long Way."

"Could you double check the envelope?" -- Martin Scorsese, winner of the best director Oscar for "The Departed."

"I've been chased and hounded for 10 months and told I'm a publicity-seeker, yet I've never gone out and done anything." -- Heather Mills, on her high-profile divorce from Paul McCartney.

"I'm a good person, but I said a bad thing. But these young women deserve to know it was not said with malice." -- Don Imus, on his racial slur against the Rutgers women's basketball team.

"I hate to be the one who told you this, but I told you so: I'm the father!" -- Larry Birkhead, saying DNA results showed he is the father of Anna Nicole Smith's infant daughter.

"I'm sorry, as everyone who knows me is aware, for losing my temper with my child." -- Alec Baldwin, caught yelling at his daughter on a leaked voicemail message.

"All my assumptions about myself are confused when people like the work. On some level, it's almost more comfortable for it to go the other way." -- Judd Apatow, on his success as a filmmaker.

"Recently, I was sent to a very humbling place called rehab. I truly hit rock bottom. Till this day I don't think that it was alcohol or depression. I was like a bad kid running around with ADD." -- Britney Spears.

"I think it's a great ending. It's a good way to go out." -- Michael Imperioli, on the love-it-or-hate-it finale of "The Sopranos."

"I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute." -- Paris Hilton.

"It's sad that the whole world had to watch her make mistakes that all of us have made at one time or another." -- Britney Spears' mother, Lynne.

"We want to have fun. That's one of the many reasons for this, for our children to see what we used to do." -- Victoria Beckham, on the Spice Girls' reunion tour.

"Finishing it was very, very emotional. It was a combination of relief and sadness really." -- J.K. Rowling, on completing the final edition of her "Harry Potter" boy wizard series.

"Hearing the words and saying it and seeing -- it's surreal." -- Robin Roberts, anchor of "Good Morning America," on discovering she had breast cancer.

"Someone needs to teach you some class, my friend." -- Faith Hill, berating a female fan from the stage at a concert in Louisiana. The woman had grabbed Hill's husband, Tim McGraw, in the crotch area at the close of his set.

"When they are with him, he is going to shield his children from unwanted media attention. You will not find a picture of Kevin parading with the children out in a public place." -- Kevin Federline attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan.

"Yes I am." -- Nicole Richie, confirming reports of her pregnancy.

"I would sooner, in exactly what I'm wearing, walk on the surface of the moon. Does that answer it?" -- Charlie Sheen, on whether he would have a third child with ex-wife Denise Richards.

"My biggest inspiration and biggest competition is Justin Timberlake. ... We push each other. I look at me and Justin like Prince and Michael Jackson in their day." -- Kanye West.

"I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time." -- Owen Wilson, after his alleged suicide attempt.

"Gabriel and I are beyond excited, and I've waited a long time for this moment in life." -- Halle Berry, on expecting her first child with her boyfriend, Gabriel Aubry.

"We're not done. They say, `Any plans for a fifth?' And I say, `And a sixth, and a seventh, and an eighth, and a ninth.' That's my answer." -- Brad Pitt, on his growing family with Angelina Jolie.

"I got a cracked rib, so I'm not jogging right now. No jumping jacks." -- George Clooney, following a motorcycle accident.

"It was a sobering experience. It was humbling. It made me look at myself, and all of the people, places and things in my life in a different way. I was in there for substance abuse, after all." -- Lindsay Lohan.

"Please, please, please, just give the dog back." -- Ellen DeGeneres, after a pet rescue agency took back the adopted terrier she had given away to her hairdresser's family.

"I don't just love him, I like him. We are an oddly good match." -- Pamela Anderson, on her new husband, Rick Salomon.

"After nearly 15 minutes of soul-searching, I have heard the call." -- Stephen Colbert, announcing his candidacy for president.

"The first words out of her mouth when she saw us all leaning over her were, `Oh, crap.'" -- Tom Bergeron, on Marie Osmond's fainting spell on "Dancing With the Stars."

"It was great. I'm a little tired, but it was worth it." -- Katie Holmes, on running the New York City Marathon.

"When I first heard about it I spent about a half-hour going around my house crying." -- Oprah Winfrey, on learning of allegations that a dorm matron at her South African academy for disadvantaged girls had abused students.

"I thought that I was cool enough in the black world to be able to use that word as a brother to a brother. I'm not." -- Duane "Dog" Chapman, star of "Dog the Bounty Hunter," apologizing for using the N-word conversationally.

"My wife has been in California for about three weeks. ... Holy smokes. Wow, you just knocked the bottom out of me." -- Hulk Hogan, after learning that his wife had filed for divorce.

"I've never discussed it with anybody before -- intentionally. I thought maybe I would tell it to Caroline when I met her someday." -- Neil Diamond, revealing that President Kennedy's daughter was the inspiration for his smash hit "Sweet Caroline."

"I just wasn't commenting. I'm not being like, `Hey everybody, I'm pregnant!' I'm not that girl." -- Christina Aguilera.

"The biggest phenomenon in all this is that the kid's been able to keep her head on her shoulders. She hasn't flipped out. I'm going to knock on wood." -- Billy Ray Cyrus, on his 15-year-old daughter, Miley, star of the Disney Channel series "Hannah Montana."

 
eXTReMe Tracker