Minggu, 16 Desember 2007

Trebek Heads Home for Holidays (E! Online)

Los Angeles (E! Online) - Alex Trebek is on the mend after suffering a minor heart attack last week.

The game-show host was released from Los Angeles Cedar-Sinai Medical Center Saturday and plans to spend the holidays recuperating at home with his family.

Im truly overwhelmed by the great show of support and compassion expressed in the past few days to me, my family and my coworkers, Trebek said in a statement.

Even though I know Jeopardy! is a very popular program, I was still surprised at the number of people who took time from their schedules to call or send a note of encouragement.

I thank you all so very much. Im on the mend, and will be spending Christmas at home with my family, he added.

Trebek said he planned to return to the studio Jan. 14 to tape the long-running quiz shows annual Teen Tournament, which he called one of his favorite competitions.

He also assured his faithful viewers that he had stockpiled enough episodes before his heart attack that they would not to have to rely on reruns in the meantime.

Trebek has hosted Jeopardy! since 1984, picking up four Emmy Awards for Outstanding Game-Show Host along the way, as well as a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in recognition of his know-it-all endeavors.

 
eXTReMe Tracker