Rabu, 26 Desember 2007

Will Smith: I Was Totally Misquoted About the Hitler Thing

Will SmithWill Smith calls the Scottish newspaper The Daily Record's quote of him praising Adolf Hitler "an awful and disgusting lie." The actor's rep said Smith is ""It speaks to the dangerous power of an ignorant person with a pen. I am incensed and infuriated to have to respond to such ludicrous misinterpretation."

"Adolf Hitler was a vile, heinous vicious killer responsible for one of the greatest acts of evil committed on this planet," read the statement.

In a story published Saturday in the Daily Record, Smith was quoted saying: "Even Hitler didn't wake up going, 'let me do the most evil thing I can do today.' I think he woke up in the morning and using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good.'"

The quote was preceded by the writer's observation: "Remarkably, Will believes everyone is basically good."

 
eXTReMe Tracker