Senin, 10 Desember 2007

Katherine Heigl: No Wait, I Didn't Mean to Say THAT!

HeiglDays after blasting her own movie "Knocked Up" as sexist, Katherine Heigl now calls it the "best filming experience of her career". The movie was a big hit earlier this year and helped Heigl's earnings jump from $300,000 to $6 million per picture.

But in a recent interview with Vanity Fair, Heigl was quoted as saying, "It's a little sexist. It paints the women as shrews, as humorless and uptight and it paints the men as lovable, goofy, fun-loving guys. It was hard for me to love the movie."

Heigl has uh, restate her thoughts about the break-out role which launched to the big screen from TV's 'Grey's Anatomy'. In the movie, Heigl plays a TV journalist who becomes pregnant after a one-night stand with Seth Rogen's unemployed slob.

She tells People.com, "It's important to me to take a minute and clarify the quote about Knocked Up in Vanity Fair. I was responding to previous reviews about the movie the interviewer brought to my attention.

"My motive was to encourage other women like myself to not take that element of the movie too seriously and to remember that it's a broad comedy.

"Although I stand behind my opinion, I'm disheartened that it has become the focus of my experience with the movie."

"The truth is, it was the best filming experience of my career. Every person that was a part of making Knocked Up helped to encourage, support and inspire me. I never intended for anyone to think otherwise."

 
eXTReMe Tracker