Minggu, 23 Desember 2007

Lauren Conrad Talks Fashion



Sunday, December 23, 2007

LAUREN CONRAD TALKS FASHION



With her penchant for fashion, it comes as little surprise that Lauren Conrad was spotted out shopping it up at Kitson on Saturday (December 21).

The Hills actress spent some time picking out a few items at the trendy Robertson Blvd boutique, then headed off to grab a quick bite to eat at Newsroom.

Meanwhile, LC recently spoke with Cindy Pearlman about her own fashion line, telling that she has extremely high aspirations when it comes to her own line of duds.

Lauren told, "I'm serious about my lines and I do them as a designer and not as someone on a reality show. I wanted to create a brand that will last longer than my TV series."

During the interview between Cindy and Lauren, the dialog continues:

CINDY: Define your own style when you're not filming the show.

LAUREN: I like to be comfortable in my clothes. I love the empire cut when it comes to shirts and dresses. It's also something that's great if you don't have a perfect body. Who needs tight stuff? Most women are happy with a little give in their clothes. What I wear depends on my mood. I do love wearing dresses. They're just easier. I love, love, love 3.1. Phillip Lim [available at Nordstroms and Neiman Marcus]. He does these really feminine details on his clothing and each piece of really special.

CINDY: Are you a shoe gal?

LAUREN: [laughing] I'm a huge shoes girl. I bought this big bookshelf that I installed on the wall in my bedroom. I keep all my good shoes on it. You almost display the shoes that way. Shoes are like art to me. They need to be displayed. I used to wear mostly flip-flops, but I only own a few pairs now. Now I love my Miu Miu flats with costume jewelry on them. I love Christian Louboutin shoes. They're soooo beautiful. I try to buy only the basic shoes there because they're a little pricy and I feel guilty buying them. But they're such a classic design.

CINDY: You're going to Paris on future episodes of "The Hills." How will that influence your designs?

LAUREN: I've just been to Paris and it's 99 percent for sure I'm going to do a fall fashion show. Paris was wonderful, but I'll always just design for myself. My style changes all the time. Being in Europe, I was touched by how beautiful everything is ...breathtaking in the details.

CINDY: Who has the best sense of style in Hollywood these days and why?

LAUREN: I've always loved the way Ashley Olsen dresses. I love the Olsen twin style. They really will try everything. These girls don't follow a trend. They set their own trends. Anyone can open a magazine and dress the way they tell you to dress. It takes time to create your own style and the Olsens are brave and take risks. I take risks, too, wearing my clothes on the show. I've worn the entire line.

CINDY: OK, tell us everything that will happen in the future of "The Hills." We gotta ask.

LAUREN: [laughing] I'm not supposed to talk about it. When I give things away, I get in trouble!

Gossip Girls

Enjoy the pictures of Lauren's day out at Kitson and Newsroom (December 21).

 
eXTReMe Tracker