Jumat, 07 Desember 2007

Wrapup of entertainment quotes (AP)

"I've sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women's bodies are constantly scrutinized. To set the record straight, I'm not upset for me, but for all the girls out there that are struggling with their body image." -- Jennifer Love Hewitt, defending her curves after photos of her in a bikini were ridiculed on the Internet.

___

"It was a little sexist. It paints the women as shrews, as humorless and uptight, and it paints the men as lovable, goofy, fun-loving guys." -- Katherine Heigl, on last summer's smash comedy "Knocked Up."

___

"They're going to kill me. I'm going to be in so much trouble." -- Jenna Bush, acting nervous when Ellen DeGeneres asked her to call her parents during a recent taping of DeGeneres' talk show.

___

"I didn't see any point in going on some sort of `Larry King' tour to offer a bunch of lame excuses for making an essentially reprehensible remark about innocent people who did not deserve to be made fun of." -- Don Imus, returning to the airwaves this week after he was fired for a racially charged remark about the Rutgers women's basketball team.

___

"Kiefer made the decision to surrender to custody immediately." -- Kiefer Sutherland's attorney, Blair Berk, commenting on the actor's choice to go straight to jail after being sentenced to 48 days for racking up a second drunken-driving arrest in three years.

___

"I'm so camp! I'm such a gay man trying to get out." -- Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham.

___

"Usually when I'm high and drunk, I'm not very good, but Amy has it down to where she can get a good buzz going and be very creative. That's quite enviable. And she weighs 40 pounds. I don't know how she can hold her liquor." -- George Lopez, commenting on Amy Winehouse's six Grammy nominations.

___

"I always feel like something of an impostor. I don't know what I'm doing. I suppose that's my one little secret, the secret of my success." -- Jodie Foster.

 
eXTReMe Tracker