Rabu, 02 Januari 2008

Tom Bosley still going strong at age 80 (AP)

LOS ANGELES - Tom Bosley wants to show he still has it at 80. Last year, the actor best known for playing Richie Cunningham's father on "Happy Days" co-starred with Michael Learned in a seven-month national tour of "On Golden Pond."

Now he's starting off the new year with a starring role in the TV movie "Charlie & Me," airing Saturday on the Hallmark Channel.

Bosley plays a charismatic grandfather who, despite suffering a near-fatal heart attack, is determined to mend the relationship between his workaholic, widowed son and his feisty 12-year-old granddaughter before he dies.

"Although I love my home, my family and everything about my non-work life, I also want to keep acting as long as God will let me," said Bosley, who played Father Frank Dowling on "Father Dowling Mysteries."

"It's what still drives me," he said in a statement issued to the cable channel. "I want to prove to myself that I can still do it."

 
eXTReMe Tracker