Kamis, 03 Januari 2008

Wrap-up of entertainment quotes (AP)

"I wanted to be in a good relationship. Those good relationships that are strong and substantive never happened for me, and that prolonged my indecisiveness." -- Diane Keaton, on waiting to be a mother. The Oscar-winning actress, whose past romantic partners include Woody Allen, adopted daughter Dexter, now 12, and son Duke, 7.

___

"No. I'm English, it doesn't make sense -- lots of balls going around the place -- I don't understand it." -- Keira Knightley, on whether she'll watch the Super Bowl.

___

"She was that sick. You wonder why she had the courage to get on the stage when she shouldn't have." -- Liza Minnelli's lawyer, Allen Arrow, on the 61-year-old entertainer's collapse last month during a show in Sweden. Minnelli has since recovered, and will resume her touring schedule next week.

___

"I like Daniel Plainview -- a lot, and that makes it personal. He's mad and I know it and I don't want to really be hanging out with him a lot. He's great. I understand what he's going through; I understand where he's coming from." -- Director Paul Thomas Anderson, on the obsessed turn-of-the-century oil man portrayed by Daniel Day-Lewis in Anderson's acclaimed new film, "There Will Be Blood."

___

"You're watching the only show on the air that has jokes written by union writers. I hear you at home thinking to yourself, `This crap is written?'" -- David Letterman, returning to the air after a two-month hiatus. He had reached an agreement to allow striking writers to work on his show.

 
eXTReMe Tracker